We will be sharing news and events. Sign up here to stay up to date.
Located within the College of Arts and Sciences, our center currently supports a wide range of academic initiatives, artistic endeavors, and public programming. Our guiding principle is a transdisciplinary approach that delves into the interactions, perspectives, and impacts of African peoples on global social, cultural, economic, health, and political systems.
As we move forward, our center is poised to take a leading role and serve as a catalyst for discussions surrounding diversity. This is in line with Georgia State University's overarching vision for research, education, and community engagement. Our aim is to have a positive and lasting impact on future generations. We are committed to fostering equitable partnerships between people of the African diaspora and scholars in African Diasporic studies. Together, we are working towards building a more just and principled global society.
- Fostering research and expressive work.
- Supporting innovative scholarship and sponsor fellowships.
- Facilitating critical and solution-oriented dialogue.
- Supporting visiting scholars and advance policy contributions targeting issues of the African Diaspora across the university and beyond.
- Convening partners and disseminate proceedings through exhibits, symposia, lectures, conferences, performances, curation, publications and other programming in alignment with its mission.
- Engaging community and global partnerships to facilitate initiatives on the history and cultural contributions of the African diaspora globally.
- Serving as a hub for promoting the discipline of Africana Studies locally, regionally and nationally while positioning Georgia State leadership in the related global dialogue.
Quality education - Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
Promote decent work and economic growth.
Promote peace, justice and strong institutions.
Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize global partnerships to achieve the sustainability development goals.
College of Arts & Sciences
P.O. Box 4038
Atlanta, GA 30302-4038